Thursday, December 21, 2017

The teleportation. Part 1. Chapter 20. A bolt from the blue.

          The sun was coming out from the constellation of Libra and some of these days was going to enter into the constellation of Scorpio. The October is as if divided into two parts and at this time the summer part of the month is ending and the winter one is beginning. In these days, if go on a camping trip, one may come out in summer and return already in winter. The trees become deprived their beautiful farewell costume and just at the point the first snow is expected. Now it darkens early and the criminal curve is sharply increasing. In one of sunny, but a cold and damp evening Albert was returning from a shop with a small quantity of foods. Thank God, now in the shops already all was selling, also, he had money.
          As usual lately he was walking, being glad, to say more exact, he reproached himself a little, because he was in America very many times, but now in New-York if even it is warmer than in Moscow, but not much. Now he would like to teleport into the Mediterranean resorts, but in his imagination there weren't any even the European landscapes neither in the North, nor in the South, also, he had not any idea about Ceylon, Congo or the Latin American tropics. But it would be very good, where the time difference is small, to teleport there and to spend the night in the bosom of nature there. He knew, Europe is densely populated, and if one is going to spend the night on the nature, he has to inform someone who runs that place, but he even can do without these formalities. If someone turns up a vigilant and pernickety, he is able to disappear just in front of him. That person even wouldn't report to the police, because  he will not want to be known as a madman. And by the way, such sleepovers would be considered by his wife as more suspect than his "meditations" in the bath, which are quite far from the chastity. However, in the summer she considered his camping trips alone quite tolerantly and sometimes even she joined to him.
          He walked with these thoughts. The sun was becoming more red on the horizon. And there a girl was standing in front, he would like to name her for some reason "a Girl of autumn". She had a haircut exactly like Lena had, and the same reddish-gold color of her hair, which successfully adorned the general picture of his field of view, while the sun set, it adding this autumn color, which was already in short supply among the bare and lonely trunks of the trees and shrubs. Nostalgic notes have started to sound in his soul because of the same girlfriend, one of the four, he failed to achieve. However... whether is this a dream? She had stepped to him. She explicitly was looking at him. My God! That's is Lena.
          -Wait, Alik, - he didn't know that she is able so greedy to look at someone, he did not expect that she is able so insistently to block his way. - May I hug you?
          Saying this, she moved from words to action without waiting for a permit.
          -You may if you want it, - answered Albert, attempting to pretend to be pleasantly surprised. But what has occurred to you?
          -Forgive me! I was wrong. I can kneel in front of you, do you want? Last time I didn't expect your visit. I couldn't understand at once that you are my love, my destiny! Only to the subsequently I came to my senses, but it was late. You continue to disregard me. Are you offended very much?
          -I like you. I don't reject you. But I cannot understand, what do you mean? When was you wrong towards me? What should I forgive you for?
          -Don't pretend. I had banished you. I called a neighbor and his brother who is a cop on you. Now I want to clean my conscience, to merit your love. Call me into any remote place, including the forest, and I'll follow you. I love you, but I didn't realise this at first. You are entitled even to kill me for this thing that took place, and I'll not resist, because the life without you is not a life, and I have a feeling. So I have better to die because of your hand. I'm ready to receive everything...
          -But I'm not going to kill you and I don't understand what are you saying about. Evidently, you got tired and confuse a dream with the reality.
          -Let it would be so, however, even if I saw such a dream, it means what vile I am, because I not only rejected you, but also I called the people against you who were able to beat up and imprison you without any guilt. This means, in my dream I thought so. But do you love me, at least, a little? You said that you like me, you don't reject me, is this right?
          -Yes, that's right, but I want to do nothing here. There wouldn't be a sin in our love if everything takes place without negative consequences. Nobody must quarrel because of this, let alone fight, jealousy and divorce - this is the only my condition. But in this area Nadya can be informed. I hope, you don't want your friend would be worried, do you? While she still doesn't know, she will not feel worse, but better because of my adulteries. And I love everyone of you, - he let slip at the end of the explanation. Lena only has taken an amazed look at him, but immediate Albert stacked their lips in a kiss, by the free hand without the bag he moved down along her spine, through her light coat until the coccyx, hugged her and pressed her to him.
          -I could arrive to you now, but what if you change your mind during the way home?
          -I will never change my mind and it is really convenient to date each other at my home.
          -However, how have you appeared in my district? Where do you go now, either to my home or from it?
          -Just now I saw your wife.
          -But I came out recently. Do you traveled this distance only to talk during a few minutes?
          -That's you who I need, but I visited her to have pretext to appear in your district. Also, I saw Sveta in her home. She has a trouble, Tolik is dead, he was killed.
          -When?
          -Yesterday. Just in the street, they shot him with their gun and slipped away. Nadya will tell you the details. What are you thinking? We have nothing to do with this. We will extend these condolences to Sveta, being sad together a little, according  to custom... -
          -Yes, - pronounced Albert thinking, - nothing to do with... He has understood this is revenge from some underling. The important ones were killed by the avengers from Ichkeria.
          -Wake up finally! What! Is this "I've gone into myself, I'll not return soon"? - Saying this, Lena almost hung on him and stacked their lips in a kiss. This made him forget the danger for a while. The love prevailed.
          -Are you going to go home now? - he asked. - If you love me so in fact, I'll arrive to you in about three hours.
          -I'll never deny. Even, I'm ready not to go work tomorrow. All the same they pay me badly.
          -No one needs these sacrifices, - Albert answered, thinking: "She begins to behold the truth. Who has helped her? Who? How does it occur that she has become so desirable, such a close one? Now she is another at all".
          The more he stood together with her, the less he suspected that she pretends, and if she pretends, it will be clear this evening. Such a vile prank will be never forgiven by him, but a knowledge suggested him she is going to give herself to him at all, in full.
          -No one needs these sacrifices, - he repeated. - I like you since long ago and I will not kill you or do so that you would lose the job because of me. Just I will come into your home in three hours and I want you would be obedient, you would give me yourself, because I like you. When you were standing, waiting for me, then I thought: "What is the "Girl of autumn" is there?" You so beautifully fitted in the autumn landscape at the sunset! In spite of the fact I'm not an artist, but it was amazing! I'll arrive to you, but if you delude, I'll hate you all my life.
          She smiled, hearing these compliments. A little naughty sparks appeared in her eyes.
          -I wait for you. Come. I have to run to the electric train.
          She pecked him on the lips and started to run away, one time she turned back, shouted "I'm waiting!" and continued running away. Soon the noise of the braking train was sounding. Likely, she reached in time.
          While coming at home, near the door Nadya told him the new he knew already. The first thought was that she is not worse than Lena at all, and he understood, if the last one was his wife, he would run to Nadya and the other friendesses also gladly. Every of them was beautiful in the own manner. They didn't rival, but excellent complemented one another, and a love connection only with one of them, excepting the others at all, this would significantly impoverish the existence. Only being with all of them, he was really able to cognize the universal Beauty and Love.
          Just a minute still didn't pass, Albert had to change the subject of thinking under the pressure of inexorable reality the wife told him. Tolik was shot insolently, in broad daylight on a street of the Mytishchi city, which is not the busiest street, but also far from the deserted one. The testimonies were quite scarce for the formal investigation. No one wanted to be connected with another dirty gang hit. Nevertheless, the rumors spread throughout the city and a little beyond its limits, enough minutely, but maybe exaggeratedly they described what was happening.
          As if Tolik, as usual lately, he has come into his office in a bad hangover. Before, in such cases he sent his subordinates to buy the beer. But as was told, this day in the office it seemed him it was stuffy and he decided to walk himself, in the same time to breathe fresh air, this would relieve a hangover.
          Just he had passed only one block, suddenly three types appeared out of nowhere. They were in leather jackets, which were looking in the same manner, under these jackets there were discreet sweaters, which covered lower parts of their faces in the same manner, all of them were with short cut hairs and exuding equally evil views, because of which they even more scared the eyewitnesses, with the pistols TT in their hands, approaching to the taken aback and bewildered hapless businessman, they opened a sporadic fire. There was neither a weapon left at the crime scene, nor a control shot in his head. In general, the shooters turned up to be bad, because with so many bullets, none shot was fatal and the victim died because of the huge blood loss and the ambulance not arrived at a high time. If this doesn't relate to Albert, he could do at all without thinking about this. But what if it relates? Certainly, this is a revenge committed by unskillful scumbags, which lost their warm place under the scoundrel Colonel's wing. There was a lot of them in that movie on the cassette, where they were standing near the fence of a factory. After death of the chief, everyone of them walked by his own way. Others, who stayed alive after those gang hits, they turned up more fortunate or less vindictive.
          But how could they know? Even if old Paul was alive, even if he turned out an evil genius, pretending to be an angel, all the same, at his own initiative, he wouldn't betray by a very simple reason, because his actions were consecutive and logically explicable. He wouldn't destroy a person, whom he taught so hard, because with Albert he would bury the teleportation. The version of tortures is excluded completely, because he was able to teleport to any place from any torture armchair. Who possesses such abilities, one can only suddenly shoot him from a short distance. There was only one unlikely version remained, this is taking Olesya as hostage, but after thinking a little, Albert excluded it too, because it would be a miracle. To guess that the old man has so dear girlfriend and to clarify her distant coordinates, such a task would be accomplished only by a famous clairvoyant like Vanga or Messing. In addition, Albert knew, from Paul's point, he and Olesya were considered as equally dears and there could be no question about any exchange. And finally, in what way they would find old Paul before than Albert himself? Only three persons knew about the data transfer: he, Paul and Tolik. The last, as Sveta told him, he drank with bandits of his "roof", however, this is a few persons. He drank with them and chatted too much. Clearly! The idiot had chatted for his own death. However, if it is so, he got in trouble not only himself, but Albert too. Consequently, they know that Tolik transferred him the data and that Albert himself transferred this data into unattainable for them "obscurity". Then the chechen avengers came from this "obscurity" and had messed things up for them and disappeared after this, blending into the mountains, where, it's possible, even the KGB or CIA couldn't find them.
          Therefore, I am the last chain link, which is attainable for them, but they know nothing about the teleportation and are bad shooters, they would have time only to wound. If they had a sniper rifle at their disposal, then Tolik would be killed by it. But all the same, at least, within a radius of seventy feet from himself, he must not allow any white spots, no obscurity. It would be good to figure out their persons, addresses, also to steal their weapons. He must safeguard Nadya, she must be reliably insured against an attack or kidnapping, he must do it during a few days, even a few hours. To some extent, the criminal modus operandi consoled him. It's seen from everything, they would prefer not to complicate the operation, and to look from their point, it would be much easier to empty a clip into him just in the street than to penetrate in the apartment, to fiddle with the relatives, to take hostages and something like that. However, he must insure in any case. If his close people are affected, unlikely he could forgive himself someday. It would be especially dangerous for them if an attempt to shoot down Albert in the street is failed. Yet there was no such an attempt. He promised to Lena to arrive in three hours. Forty minutes passed already. She awakened such feelings in him! He wouldn't like to miss, and if he deceives her, it wouldn't be good. Suddenly he had a eureka moment: just he can every five minutes come out of the bathroom and ask whether is all right.
          At the appointed time Albert appeared on the stairs of already fourth beloved in a row. Here in Moscow, where he turned out, having jumped over the twenty miles distance at once, he felt himself in the full security. No one will shoot him and those neighbors aren't more dangerous than a viper, which would be crawling and hissing in a distance twenty feet from him. Really no one shot him and no harmful neighbors were looming. But he didn't notice two pairs of eyes were observing his "appearing from nothing" from the upper floor. The owners of these curious eyes didn't show any emotions, but behaved soberly and prudently, like experienced scientists in a laboratory. Albert rang the doorbell. Joyful Lena opened the door. The "eyes" weren't against.

Next chapter: http://la-flagellation.blogspot.ru/2017/12/the-teleportation-part-1-chapter-21-tail.html

The original Russian text of the chapter 20: http://www.proza.ru/2010/01/30/244

No comments:

Post a Comment