Thursday, January 18, 2018

Chapter 1. Restless news. Part 2. The teleportation.

          Albert decided to rest alone in his apartment, to be sitting, to be daydreaming. At first he thought what to put on himself to appear in the Broadway. But immediately he remembered at any time he can "have climbed" home to change clothes. Let it is New-York, let it is Kamchatka - now all these areas are closer than the kitchen if in it he goes walking, not by this wonderful way. It seems, he sat on the sofa long; one thought was following another one. The sky, being a little covered with a transparent veil was becoming darker, but in spite of this fact he felt relieved. The probability that Nadya is in the security was more than 99%.  His friend being as if perished, he is found alive and today without moving from this place, he will go to him in the huge city, which he likes very much and which he dreamed to visit still from childhood, being eleven years old. Accumulating the life experience, the longer Albert lived, the more he felt repugnance over large cities. If someone told him, as if he will rush into such one like a boy rushes in a park with a lot of the wonderful attractions, he wouldn't believe. Here is why the dark grey sky with his heavy clouds as in winter, it couldn't overwhelm his excited and joyful mood. Finally, he was bored to sit longer in the same place. He has looked at the clock. The only hour has passed.
          Collecting his thoughts, Albert did a barely perceptible move and came out as if through an invisible door directly into Valya's flat. The flat was empty. Only Sveta remained. He teleported on the stairs of her entrance and rang doorbell. She opened the door, her eyes were full of tears.
          -How well it is, you have come. So sad!
          -I understand you. Of course, it' pity. Damned country! If a man deals with Russian business, it is the same thing as a moth flies into the flame.
          -I'm not going to go to the funeral. His parents look at me so arrogantly and contemptuously. I've better to visit the grave with friends or with you. I cannot believe in that. No one is being with me again.
          -There is myself. Only just now it would be impossible, because it is a sin. We have to wait, at least forty days.
          -You are married. You with Nadya would be angry with each another because of me.
          -Is it you who would tell her? No. If a secret can be kept one day, it can be kept during one hundred years. All of you don't understand that it is possible to live on love and agreement not only by two, so one has to hide.
          -What a good thing is there? If you are my husband and go away with another woman, I would lose you.
          -No one is able to understand somehow. Why such a dilemma: either, or? Who has ordered? Who does dare to forbid to live by three together? By four? The people are fools and these are their prejudices. Also, I would ask you: "what a good thing if one pinches you, cauterizes?" However, I understand you.
          -This is not so noticed, easier to hide it.
          -And why is it any of their damn business, of these miserable people with a monkey mind, who comes to who, who rings in whose door? Be frank with no one and stop being afraid of them... - Albert was going to add something, but the doorbell rang. Don't go. I go to open.
          After returning from Moscow, Albert still didn't take his cloak off, the pockets of which were full of the knives and gas cartridges. Knowing about the possibility of the attack with pistols, he was fully armed. He didn't set his eye up, but covered the peephole with his finger of the left hand. No shot followed. He pushed the door open abruptly and suddenly. At the doorstep a guy stood dressed in the leather jacket, with crew cuts in the bandit manner, but there was no any aggression in the all his look. It seemed, either he feels shy, or he is afraid of something.
          -Ah, that's you again, - he said, lowering eyes bewildered. What does it mean: "me again"? Whom did you go to?
          -To Sveta... there is a deal, but if you are here, I'll come at the next time.
          Albert was going to say: "Now I'm always here", but he stopped at the high time, realizing, he can attract very bad guests to this flat with these words.
          -Sveta, who is he who has come to you?
          Looking in her eyes, he understood that the guy is not known by her. Albert watched his hands with attention to grab at the high time, but there was no any attack. 
          -I'm from Tolik's work. Sveta, are you going to go to the funeral?
          -Excuse me, but there is some reason, because of which nobody must know, who, when and where will go. Firstly, his death was an enforced one. Secondly, near my home OMON detained some three guys who were dressed in the same leather jackets and were with the same hairs. The cops have a lot of the work now, and they seek whom it is possible to blame for these crimes. So refrain from visits this flat. Also, say to others, let them not disturb. If she needs someone, she will call you or come to your work office.
          -In such case I'm leaving. Sorry for having disturbed. Have a nice stay. - And hearing in answer: "have a nice trip", the doubtful guest started going downstairs. Albert closed the door.
          -Prepare some tea, I go to the toilet now.
          Sveta took up for preparing tea, and Albert teleported from the toilet into Valya's apartment. This time he has encountered her.
          -Ah, you have scared me! Do you have a passkey, don't you? - shouted the mistress of the apartment, coming up after hearing a rustle in the corridor.
          -I practice the Ninjutsu, this is a science to move, not to be seen or heard. I was at your home a half hour ago, but I didn't encounter you. Unfortunately, we cannot make love now, Sveta is threatened. Go to her and bring her here. They don't need her, but Albert. He came to console her, but he has much to do and you would do it better. 
          -Still have I to name you Albert the Second?
          -Name me Renald.
          -Lord! There are foreigners around! I hope, this name is a real one, isn't it? 
          -What does it matter to you? When an electric train goes now?
          -At 14.23. To leave at 13.50 I have no time.
          -Go there quicker, and I have to hurry. I'll explain it later. Call her and say that you will arrive.
          -So, let's go together.
          -I cannot. I'm sorry, I have to run. Good bye, my love!
          -In fact, you are a madman.
          -Let it be so. See you later.
          -See you soon.
          As last time, Albert ran downstairs, making sure no one sees him, he teleported in the toilet.
          -Have you hung yourself there?! - Sveta shouted, being angry already.
          -Excuse me, I've fallen asleep.
          -Good night!
          -Soon I come out, - he rustled with a paper, flushed the toilet and came out in a minute. The phone rang. Sveta picked up it. That's Valya called. She was going to arrive in an hour. Asked, whether Sveta is alone. Albert was here really.
          Valya arrived at half past three. Albert was hastening them. The friendesses wondered. If Anatoly wasn't perished, likely they would disobey. Every of them kept from another one the secret of the love either with him, or with his double and every of them guessed that this man was aware of some secret developments and they had better not to resist against his advices.
          By three, they went by train till the already known settlement, then walked to the place. Albert said them good-bye at the doorstep. Valya was sure that Albert has some secret deal with his double Renald, as if he is a twin brother, and Albert tries to hide him. Maybe this deal is connected with the reciprocal substitution of these look-alikes each other.
          "What if they exchange each other when Renald makes love with me?" - a "guess" flashed through her mind. One day I have to mark this Renald somehow. 
          When Albert separated from the women, it began the sixth hour. If someone follows him, let him lose the trace closer to Moscow. He has already calculated the place of meeting in the Broadway.
          He succeeded to arrive, only till the station "Losinoostrovskaya". Running, he came in the first seen entrance of a house, and invisibly governing his consciousness, he turned out not far from the place of meeting in the Broadway. After Moscow, where it got dark already, the bright sunlight hit him in the eyes. Walking, he has arrived at the place already, but he still had to cover the eyes with his hands.
          -Are you all right, sir? - he heard the known voice in English.
          -Hello, my dear friend! I'm very glad to see you alive.
          -Hello, Alik, - Paul switched to Russian. - Don't be afraid of speaking Russian. Here are a lot of the foreigners.
          -However, do you understand one thing? I'd like to look like a real American.  
          -Let's find another time to play Americans. There is a lot of an information. Your situation is grave, but we will beat them.
          -Whom?-I'm going to explain. I have the subway tokens. We have to ride a few stops by local underground. After coming out, there is a handy bench and the place is seen around. The main thing, the compatriots must not hear us. The subject is delicate, you understand.
          -Go!
          The metro was nearby and in fifteen minutes already they were walking to the bench.
          -I accomplished nothing. Of course, excuse me for the bad joke I've played on you, however, I know now how right I was. Ah, how right I was! But still, I've really accomplished something. Before the putsch they distributed the weapon. I hope, you read newspapers. I pretended to be a Bolshevik scoundrel and after receiving a weapon, I climbed away through the space. Then there was a quite complicate kind of deals, almost I have become a victim of deceit, but as a result, I got two pistols "Walter" and now I'm going to give you one of them as a gift. This is a reliable machine, believe me, also, it's convenient to carry it in the pocket.
          -Since long ago I dreamt of the weapon. I thank you beforehand!
          -It is not about dreams, neither a chivalry, nor a bravado. The situation really is very serious and if you kept yourself spellbound, it is able to turn out very dangerous one like today.
          -However, what has taken place today?
          -However, what do you think? Didn't take place something unusual today around you?
          -Only OMON has captured some dudes in our yard and when I with my wife were coming out from the entrance, cops in plain clothes have checked our identities.
          -How were dressed these ones who were captured? In leather jackets, short haircuts, the sweater collars were raised...
          -They were people who had arrived to kill you.
          -Are they the same tail?
          -No, the tail had saved you from the attempt.
          -What for they need me so? I cannot recollect a case the cops worked so well.
          -They aren't cops. They are guys from the parallel institution.
          -I've understood. However, how have they learnt?
          -Have you an idea, how expensive you are from their point?
          -It's clear. Now I see, they couldn't allow these bastards to shoot me. But you climbed over a hundred times more than me and without problems. Where have I made a mistake?
          -You've made a mistake in your life position. You were happy, enjoyed with your life and overlooked that our world is in the condition of the permanent war. The war, neither began, nor finished, it is going on. When we say about the beginning of a war, that's not beginning, but a transition from the latent phase into the open one. There are interesting lines in the Chechen folklore. They say they have grown on the stone, in the severe conditions, and they don't have to peaceful sow their fields and graze sheep, but instead this they are forced to fight. This constant readiness for war repeatedly gave them victories. Just you have forgotten what world you are in. I esteem your liberty, you did right enjoying with the beautiful friendesses of your wife, knew happiness with them, however, you have better not to overlook, but sometimes check the situation around you.
          I acted like a prudent parent, which let out a little child from home through a quite dangerous city to buy something. The child thought as if he is alone, but the parent unnoticeably followed behind, securing him. And one instant when the child was standing and counted flies, suddenly a car appeared, turning that corner, but the parent succeeded to grab his child from the imminent disaster.
          Yet you exposed because of  a reason, possessing the invaluable treasure, you walked the path of life, looked around and counted flies. If you was a soldier in the war, you would be condemned by the military tribunal for the heedlessness creating the dangerous situation, but you are not a soldier and I'm not a strict commander. You are my successor and my moral duty is to look after your security. You counted flies and suddenly unfortunately for you, one of your wife's friends, perhaps you like her the most, she turned out strange in her actions very much, but you did not notice it.
          -Redhead Lena?
          -She the same! A few months ago, she was recruited into an illegal intelligence department, which collects data about the paranormal phenomena. This department was created by an opportunist who works in the FSB and uses possibilities of his office.
          -But where have you learnt all this from?
          -It's more astoundingly you haven't learnt it till now. Do you remember how I had found a dangerous object, that's Colonel, and eliminated him, using other hands? I told you how I had acted. In the same manner I acted here, but you didn't. You sought to get laid, this is not your mistake, I approve this. One should experience joy of life, the troubles themselves will find us. You could enjoy, however, you had better do it, looking around, what yet does take place around you. But you continued to play, counting flies as a little child. If I could learn all this, I am telling you now, therefore you could too. One may, even should play, but during the game to check, whether aimed someone on you a gun from a dark corner? You want to be a good lover, also you have better to be a good counterspy. One doesn't exclude the other.
          -Well... The human mind is paradoxical. I'm sure I'm not a fool, also you're sure of it. However, as the saying goes, I didn't notice an elephant.
          -Such a thing could occur to a genius. You are differ from a fool, I believe in it, because you will learn from your mistakes. But the most of people don't learn from their mistakes. What do you think, what do you have to do now?
          -Do they firmly believe that I CAN?
          -Now, listen me: When Lena invited you at the first time, you promised to arrive and arrived at the exact time with German punctuality not into the flat, but on the stairs, their observers were standing the floor above and saw with their own eyes as you had appeared "from nothing". This data is from a conversation I overheard. Sometimes, I penetrate to them, there are more than ten very delicate interiors in my memory. Lena was recruited a half year before you invaded at her place for the first time. Kashin is this the same opportunist's surname, he is the chief of the illegal department. At the beginning, he attracted her as a lover, in the bed, he is a skillful master. The money appeared, that's a temptation else. The gifts, then payment for delicate missions, this intrigued. Then showing of the certification FSB, but this did not repulse her at all, but on the contrary. Reasoning about a few sayings from conversations I overheard, she started to understand now that she is screwed. But that time before, what for she would need a newsvendor Albert while she imagined herself as a star of the espionage?
          -But she continues to be friends with all of us.
          -But why would she quarrel with your company? She collected data everywhere it is possible. The paranormal is an extremely rare thing, and one has to probe millions of people before something appears. If there are only two of us on the Earth, then the probability to find our ability to be one from three billions. This is too big for any alone man, even if he is very communicative and interviews one hundred persons in a day, but it's impossible. It's necessary a lot of agents, whom without getting them up to speed, they entrust to collect any information without explaining what for. Do you imagine, what a treasure Kashin has found in the form of yourself after Lena reported him how you had disappeared out of her toilet? Through that part of the mafia, which finances his department, he was informed about the events in your locality. Anatoly, being drunk, he told how he transmitted some information to you, and you are the last link what FSB knows about. Then the information is transmitted in a next link and some Caucasians, whether Chechens, or Ingushes, kill Colonel. They can only conjecture, what is the next link, that is me. Maybe there is a hotbed of the super abilities. However, even if the next link is unattainable, they have already a bird in their hand, that's you. Then a fact becomes known, at first someone is going to kill Tolik, and you have to be the next victim. They are allowed to do the first crime, and the boys become to be on the hook. But can they allow them to kill you? It would be as well as to throw a lot of the diamonds from the bridge into the Yenisei. So they were tied in the yard in front of you.
          And what about, whether they firmly sure you are able to do it, see yourself: at your first visit to Lena, when she had you rejected. The eyewitness is their ordinary agent. Kashin has two faithful assistants, their surnames Skolopendrin and Batogov. He informs them in details, including about your abilities. Regarding the others KGB officers and the rest people, they are blind executors who know nothing. And so: at the second your visit, you were seen by Skolopendrin, he is Kashin's "right hand", and the same Kashin. Also, Valya was at Lena's home and told her, as if you have a twin brother whom you hide. Certainly, Lena had understood something, but her chiefs had understood even better.
          -I named him Renald.
          The old man laughed.
          -So, I think, - Albert continued, - before to get to move at full power, they will make the finishing check to dissipate all the doubts about me. To do it, it is necessary to capture me, it doesn't matter, how it would look and what the pretext under. They are able pretend as anyone, cops, bandits, scoundrels. In the captivity, they would try to create unbearable conditions, to make me apply my abilities in front of them.
          -So, what can you say about this? Just you can climb out of any trap.
          -In that case they would do so, in order I myself would want to return to them. There is the only thing they have: to take my wife as hostage. Here is my weakness! I must urgently evacuate her.
          -You are right, and one must do it before they will be sure in full about your abilities. Now tell me, where were you heading with your wife, when the assault crew was working in your yard and your passport was checked?
          Albert considered it would be superfluous to ask, where the old man knows this from. He told how he spent the day, with all the details. Also, he told about yesterday. 
          -Why did you suspect nothing, after she had rejected you in a vile manner, suddenly she literally began to climb on you?
          -According to the statistics, the irrational behaviour takes place more often among women than among men.
          -You might think like this when you sold the newspapers and had nothing of value, besides the Diploma of the MSU. If a woman banishes you, after this she flings herself at you, it would look like a paranoia if you suspect her as if she is an acting person in espionage passions around you. It would look so in THAT EPOCH, but NOT NOW. If she acts so with a person who has completed a spy school, her people would disqualify her in the best case and enemies, either before the death, would learn from her the target of the mission, using the tortures, or without any interrogating, silently and prudently they would set up an accident. Regarding the evacuation your Nadya, I agree in full. I called you here only to suggest this action, but you yourself have guessed. But... you both must not to speak about this aloud. Your apartment and apartments of your friends' may be full of the bugs, and I would be surprised very much if it is not so. You have better to communicate in the wild, in a field where one can see clearly around. In order no fiend could climb a tree and hiding between branches, direct at you his device, either to overhear, or to oversee, because there were cases when deaf-mutes were engaged, who could read on the lips.
          By the way, they talk not in vain that every cloud has a silver lining. You behaved so jauntily recently, there is a large advantage in it. What do you think, what is the advantage?
          -It must lull their vigilance. They will act, counting on a simple dude who has spellbound.
          -And how do you think, what a type came to Sveta today?
          -I guess, he is one of those three who had killed Tolik. As the people say: even a mangy sheep has a tuft of wool. If they must not hurt me, at least, to screw Sveta. At first, one of them came to find out, is not it possible peaceful to screw her, then to bring her to his friends.
          -Right. Also, it's right, you have brought her to Valya. They will not invade in other bandits' area. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a big deal if they one time use one of your actual wives, but because it is not known, how this may finish. Don't forget, they are remnants of the Colonel's gang, who are scoundrels, capable of any villainy. Regarding Kashin and company, we are stronger, only don't do anything stupid and gross miscalculations. And if so, they will swallow a sharp hook, upon which they will choke. And now, just in case, if the police trouble us, let's climb through the space to Sveta's empty apartment.
          Albert was surprised  because of these words, but has asked nothing. Old Paul, looking around, he reached inside his pockets. As unnoticeable as possible, he gave to Albert firstly the pistol, then two plastic bags full of some papers.
          -The pistol is loaded, but the safety is on. Click this thing and you may shoot. The machine is good, compact, made in Germany, the misfire almost never happens. And there is the data in these plastic bags about our "fishermen", let's name them so, that are Kashin, Skolopendrin and Batogov, and someone else, there it's written all about them. Eliminate my comments, when you will learn them by heart and hide better the rest. Have you a plan, how to evacuate Nadezhda?
          Albert told his plan. Old Paul liked it.
          -Now the most difficult thing is to persuade her. She will not believe and will think, either I've gone mad, or I pretend and deceive her.
          -Show her all the money you got, then the pistol. Let her understand the level of your activities. If this doesn't impress her, you will have to tell and show her your able to "climb over".
          The conversation continued. The friends discussed the time and place of meeting for the evacuation of Nadezhda, according to Albert's plan, then they clarified the details.
          -How do you think, - old Paul asked. - Will they leave the women alone besides your wife and if no, then who of the women is the most threatened with dangers?
          -Lena is.
          -You think right. Try to act in the same manner. We have to see each other every day, to clarify your plan if it is necessary. Any surprise is possible.
          They agreed about the time and place the closest meetings and numbered these points. All of them were situated in the United Stations. After this, hiding from passersby, each one alone disappeared in his own direction. 

Next chapter: http://la-flagellation.blogspot.ru/2018/01/chapter-2-in-role-as-night-ghost-part-2.html?zx=8e45f9f6e0637bc5

The original Russian text: https://www.proza.ru/2010/02/01/379

To the beginning of the novel: http://la-flagellation.blogspot.ru/2017/09/the-teleportation-part-1-chapter-1-metro.html

1 comment:

  1. I believe other website proprietors should take this site as
    an model, very clean and good user pleasant layout.

    ReplyDelete