Monday, October 9, 2017

The teleportation. Part 1. Chapter 4. Not for the faint.

           Sveta, would you like to drink tea together? - Nadya asks her when she came out from the bathroom. -Thank you. I had breakfast already. I need you very much now. I've decided to buy a tracksuit for the summer, but I would not like to go alone in the shop. It would better go together with you. Also, we have to talk. I hope I may stay home, isn't so? - Albert asked. Yes, even it will be better to stay, answered Nadya and right away turned to Sveta. - He knows, just I told him. Did he invent something?
          -Still no, - Albert interfered. - But in general the scheme is simple, and it's clear what to do, but it's not clear how. Can you wait for tomorrow? I have to rethink all the received information, but recently... one my former familiar has called me and mixed up all my thinking.
          -Tolik will have to pay them in two weeks.
          -Then don't worry, - Albert comforted.
          Meanwhile Nadya was finishing her sandwich, drinking tea. Already before the old man's visit, she has managed to become ready. Soon the both women friends came to the door. Coming out, Sveta has taken look at him. May be she kept her look during a little fraction of a second more than properly, maybe the expression of her eyes was a little another, however, she has given to understand, that she is not indifferent with respect to him, and he has understood this signal clearly.
          If he begins to flirt with Sveta, even at worst, if he is very talkative, and it to be often so, hardly this will lead to a grave breach with his wife. It maybe, a little quarrel, soon after which all will fall into place. Only he didn't want to ruin their friendship. It was pleasant to look at them, that is at all the four. In our epoch such unshadowed relationship between friends forms very rarely, despite the fact that they never sacrificed something considerable for each other and nobody had to to bail someone of them from out a serious trouble, unless only now maybe something is going to be. He felt, that from his point of view necessary prerequisite for the happiness it was keeping of peace between all of them. However, it would be problematically to follow just this condition, just this prevented him to do the first step.
          The door was slammed.
          -Your Alik talks, using such idioms that it's difficult to understand him, Sveta's voice sounded in the staircase. 
          -At first I thought too that he shows off, but then I'd learnt that it's difficult for him to speak in a simple manner, - answered Nadya. - Even if he tries pretend in a simple, it will not work out quite smoothly. Every day I hear from him that in our country to be clever is unworthy, but everyone has better to be himself and even if he has to pretend for a cause, then it's harmful to do it long time.
          It was heard how the elevator caused by them has arrived, how its door has closed. Now the elevator moved down again, carrying the women friends away onto the ground floor. Albert moved off the door. Now the annoyance added to everything, because Sveta with her visit has interrupted the conversation what formed so interesting. He opened wide the door of the bathroom. The old man stood there, like nothing happened, and was smiling. Albert rejoiced over him, like over a friend.
          -Well, let's continue our conversation having tea.
          -I'll not refuse. Now nobody will disturb to tell you what I was going.
          -Explain me, why this time the hypnosis worked so that not only my wife succumbed to it, but I did too? Are you disappointed that nevertheless I was influenced with your hypnosis?
          -No, I'm not. Because this time was no any hypnosis. But this was the same main thing, which you have better to hide from all your intimates for their own security.
          The interlocutors sat down at the table.
          -Paul, are you from a circus by any chance, isn't you?
          -No, I'm not a conjurer. The trick is an illusion, but I use the real features of nature, which, thank God, are still unknown to the science. However, I'm an artist. To say more exact, I'm a hereditary actor. My parents were actors in one not great theatre in the town Tobolsk. But since the year 1914 all had gone awry. My father perished in the First World War in France. When the enemy used chemical weapon, he got into a cloud of the phosgene. My mother died because of the typhoid fever after the Civil war. They died being still young, on the other hand, they didn't see that hell, which was established after.
          -However, you don't even look like seventy.
          -It will be better if I show the passport.
          Saying this, he took the passport from his pocket. In fact, there was his face in the photo, really his name was Paul, the year of birth was 1898, and the birthplace was the town of Tobolsk. As you see, - he continued, - I'm well preserved and because of this I have retrieved me even more of health, than the Soviets attempted to deprive from me. Nineteen years I spent in the prison camps. I'm ninety four and in November I'll be ninety five. My signs are the Dog, the Scorpio, already I've overstepped the limit, where one doesn't know how many years else he will be alive, one or fifty. Do you understand, why I hurry to bequeath my knowledge and abilities? 
          Albert has nodded without words.
          -Have you thought already, what an unhappy type am I, haven't you? asked he smiling? You are mistaken. I'm one of few happy persons in the world. So, with almost nobody I would want to exchange with my destiny. Not only because I believe when I die, my "I" will be alive eternally. My life took place on the hills: all the way the descents, the steep rises, the sharp turns. Joseph Brodsky was right, writing: "The death, this is a flat plain, but the life is hills and hills..." If I didn't get over all these trials, then I would learn nothing. Then, even if by miracle I survived until this age, I would be a piece of shit now, but not the same like you are seeing me now.
          Albert was admired because of the new friend, but tried to keep his countenance. Finally, he asked:
          -However, when you were in my age, you faced the disasters at each step, nobody came and gave you the knowledge and the power. Does it mean that I'm lucky more?
          -If the Lord allows, in order this force would be brought to you, that's means you will have to fight against a very might enemy. As usual, God leaves you the freedom of choice, and the gift what you will get from me, you will able including for evil too. But I'm an optimist and I feel that such a thing will never occur.
          -I guess, it's much probable that teaching will take many years, wouldn't it?
          -You will possess this gift as soon as will understand its essence. To explain it to you it would be possible during a few minutes, however, this is not like the Pythagorean theorem. But there aren't such words in any language, even in Sanskrit, to explain this phenomenon, using the logic. I will push you to the idea, provoking appropriate vibes in your consciousness, in order, one day you might exclaim "Eureka!", like Archimedes. All this will take a few weeks. If you are lucky, it will take two weeks. Certainly, you have guessed, this thing concerns neither hypnosis, nor telepathy, hasn't you?
          -I'm beginning to understand it. Already you told about the hypnosis in front of my wife and at the same time you mentioned about a knowledge, a might, which the information may be insecure about. That means, there is something else.
          -Here is this "something" I'm going to show you now. I'll comment after. Firstly I'll show. I will try to do it more slowly. Watch it attentively. I hope, you aren't one of the faint.
          Paul stood up from the chair. Firstly, it seemed, as if he would try to remember something. Then his face became concentrated, and this concentration increased all the way. Standing in the same place, as if he would go away, sinking into his inner world, like a student who would be solving a very difficult task at the limit of his abilities. Then he extended his hand forward, as if he would point at the gas stove. 
          -Look at the palm, not at the place it points at. Don't be frightened, in spite of a terrible thing you could see now. This is not more terrible, than the X-raying, - Paul's voice sounded now, as through a dream. 
          Suddenly the palm started to shorten, like it shortens while the submersion into the water. However, there was no some limit. In the place of the disappearing hand it was the same air, the same smell, there was all the same, however, at the same time there one could see some difference. The hand was immersing somewhere, but it immerged in some non-existence. Albert ran a little quick to see from the other side in front, where the hand was disappearing, near one foot from the invisible plane what was devouring the hand. O God! The old man's limb was as if cut away with filigree precision. Such an amputation could be done only with a laser. All of things were visible: the meat. the bones, the blood vessels. Along some of them the dark-red blood flowed into as if "from here", appearing from a non-existence. Along others vessels the scarlet blood flowed "to here", it didn't flow outward, but disappeared, reaching the plain, where the non-existence was beginning. Overbearing this, difficult to say, but unpleasant feeling, Albert touched the exposed entrails of the hand. There was a feeling, as if would touch a glass. He tried to encompass non strongly the disappearing hand with his palm from one side from it. Here is the plane already. As soon as the fingers, keeping the hand, went further than the plane was, they began to feel the emptiness, and soon the fist closed. He took a look at the hand again, in the enigmatic plane the sleeve of the robe was disappearing in the same manner. Again the voice sound, as through a dream:
          -You have better to see in the room under the bed.
          It was awful! Under the bed, as if out of the wall appeared the hand, however, from the wall to the hand was near one third of a foot. Joking, Albert shook the hand, which appeared from the non-existence.
          -Hello, hello, - sound the voice from the kitchen.
          Now the hand was protruding faster. Albert let go the hand and ran into the kitchen. Now the old man made an impression of a man who is cut in two parts, not with a train, but with a laser and in addition to all this alive and feeling excellent. His head was gone into the non-existence, and now sound the voice from the room:
          -In general, you have understood the mechanism, and now I can  climb over faster, - saying this, he stepped further into the "plane of the disappearance" finally taking with him his leg too.
          When Alfert ran into the room, the old man Paul already got out under the bed.

Next chapter: http://la-flagellation.blogspot.ru/2017/10/the-teleportation-part-1-chapter-5.html



The original Russian text of the chapters from 4 to 6: http://www.proza.ru/2010/01/08/48

No comments:

Post a Comment